Robb Zipp at Large

My name is Robb Zipp and I want to change your life for the better. I'm a 28 year old guy from Houston, Texas who is on the Executive Steering Committee of Democracy for Houston and I am an active member of the Harris County Young Democrats. This blog is a journal of my adventures in politics and what I think you can do to help make a difference.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

oops!

Wow, I can't believe it's been a month since my last post. I guess that probably gets me kicked off of some sort of bloggers honor roll somewhere...

I've been out of town/state/country for the better part of the month. I took a much needed vacation with my beautiful girlfriend and our doggie. In our adventures, we saw lots of what I like to call Wastickas (W'04 stickers) and plenty of ignorance. What can we do to open people's eyes across this great country of our's? I'm at a bit of a loss.

We visited Toronto and every person I met assumed that since I was from Texas, that I must love Dubya (even though he's not even from Texas...). My poor sad Canadian friends. Texans aren't at all like we are portrayed on TV. Sure, there are a few, but those types are dying off quickly. As for the guys who flipped us off while driving on the Queen's Highway, please realize that we have many more similarities than differences. The people I conversed with at the Skydome realized this and I've begun a nice and interesting dialogue with a 7th Grade teacher via email.

In other news, I will be creating a video for Chad Khan next week. I'm going to have to make it under 10 minutes so that I'll be able to post it onto YouTube.com. I was awarded Director status, but that doesn't give me any real special privledges.

I did post a video that I created a while back, but haven't had a chance to share with too many people. The audio is from the film version of the great novel, 1984

1 Comments:

Blogger PDiddie said...

I'm stealing this, Robb.

8/23/2006 04:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home