Robb Zipp at Large

My name is Robb Zipp and I want to change your life for the better. I'm a 28 year old guy from Houston, Texas who is on the Executive Steering Committee of Democracy for Houston and I am an active member of the Harris County Young Democrats. This blog is a journal of my adventures in politics and what I think you can do to help make a difference.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

David Van Os whistlestop yesterday

Perry Dorrell, aka PDiddie picked me up and we went to KPFT to pick up David Van Os, the next Attorney General of the State of Texas. We went to the Fannin park and ride and met up with Richard Morrison, who took on Tom DeLay in the 2004 elections and got a surprising number of votes. Richard and David talked to every single person who got onto that train and gave them information about the race. I know if I ever run for anything, I'm going to get Richard Morrison to work for me!

We got downtown and walked over to the Harris County Courthouse so that he could file an affidavit stating that he will do everything in his power to stop the Trans Texas Corridor. He's going to all 254 County Courthouses in the state of Texas, and this was his 252nd. The previous 251 all gladly took his affidavit. Not so in Harris County. They were rude and made it clear that they don't work as servants to the citizens of this county. If you want that to change, remove Republican Beverly Kaufman as County Clerk and elect James G. Pierre! I might even have him on an upcoming episode of the Truthmobile. More on that, later.

After the thwarted attempt to notify the people of Harris County of his intentions, we walked over to the old courthouse and DVO gave a great speech. I video taped that and it will be online shortly as well as being played on the Truthmobile and Greenwatch TV.  Also there was Judge Bill Moody who is running for the Texas Supreme Court. He walked all the way from El Paso! He's walked across the state to let people know why he's running. He's walking towards the Louisiana border now, so he should make it in the next couple of days. I interviewed him, as well. Also present was Gary Binderim, who is running for the US House of Representatives against Ted Poe in the 2nd district of Texas. I did an interview with him that you'll see soon, also.

After the speech downtown, we went to this place called Kobain to celebrate and hear from some other candidates. They had a really good burger there, too. haha. Anyhow, DVO gave another great speech, Hank Gilbert, who is running for Texas Agriculture Commissioner gave a great speech (that I videoed and you'll see soon) and I also was able to video tape some short speeches from Mark McDavid who is running for the Texas House of Representatives District 138, Jim Sharp who is running for the Texas First Court of Appeals, and Mary Kay Green who is running for Judge in the 245th Family District Court.

Democratic candidates want to meet you. It's easy to find out who they are in your area and they will be glad to answer any questions you have. Republicans, not so much. I encourage you all to find out as much as you can and ask tough questions of the people who want your vote. It's really more important than you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home