Robb Zipp at Large

My name is Robb Zipp and I want to change your life for the better. I'm a 28 year old guy from Houston, Texas who is on the Executive Steering Committee of Democracy for Houston and I am an active member of the Harris County Young Democrats. This blog is a journal of my adventures in politics and what I think you can do to help make a difference.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Texas Senate District 6 Democratic Convention

I went to my State Senate District Convention today. It wasn't super fun, but all of my resolutions to add items to the Texas Democratic Party Platform were approved and I was elected to be a delegate to the Texas Democratic Convention in Forth Worth this June. I'm looking forward to that because I AM MAKING A DIFFERENCE!!!! It's kind of easy. Just show up.

The coolest part of the day were the tons and tons of politicians that showed up and gave speeches: State Reps. Ana Hernandez, Jessica Farrar and Garnett Coleman, County Commissioner Sylvia Garcia, Mayor Pro Tem Carol Alvarado, and US Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee. There were also many candidates for office such as David Van Os (for Texas Attorney General), Barbara Ann Radnofsky (US Senate), Hank Gilbert (Agriculture Commissioner) and some more that I can't even remember right now. Fun stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home