Robb Zipp at Large

My name is Robb Zipp and I want to change your life for the better. I'm a 28 year old guy from Houston, Texas who is on the Executive Steering Committee of Democracy for Houston and I am an active member of the Harris County Young Democrats. This blog is a journal of my adventures in politics and what I think you can do to help make a difference.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Tom DeLay chicken drop

Yesterday morning 5 Democracy for Houston Executive Steering Committee members paid a visit to Tom DeLay's office in Stafford, Texas to deliver 100 rubber chickens and messages from thousands of people happy to see him gone.

We made the drive down to DeLay's office and made the delivery. The young man who greeted us was very polite and took the posterboard, but wouldn't take the chickens because, and I quote, "we do not know the value of the chickens, and because of campaign finance rules, we are not allowed to accept any gifts". Maybe if it was a trip to Scotland, or Russia, or the Mariana Islands, it would be different?

But I digress. We did our part and hand delivered the items that were sent to us. Following are the pictures that I took. I also shot video, and that will be posted later this afternoon. I will make another post once I have that edited and uploaded online.



These are the 100 "rubber chickens".


This is the posterboard with the glued on messages along with the only real rubber chicken that was sent.


This is a mock up of a billboard that we had up last year. We brought that, ourselves.


This is a box of anti-Tom DeLay stuff that we took with us for photo-ops.


Tom DeLay: The Hammer's Gone Limp!


The office building where his office is located




His office


The young man accepting the posterboard


Our photo op after the delivery




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home