Robb Zipp at Large

My name is Robb Zipp and I want to change your life for the better. I'm a 28 year old guy from Houston, Texas who is on the Executive Steering Committee of Democracy for Houston and I am an active member of the Harris County Young Democrats. This blog is a journal of my adventures in politics and what I think you can do to help make a difference.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

2006 Texas Democratic Convention - Fort Worth

I've taken a little vacation from politics to fall in love with soccer, but I will return to my full activist honing duties next weekend as I attend the Texas Democratic State Convention in Fort Worth.

I told several people that I wouldn't be attending due to financial reasons, but they've all stepped up and made me realize what a mistake that would be to pass up my very first State Convention.

I have no idea what to expect. I will be riding with some people who I'm not sure I even know and be staying in a room with some other people I'm not sure I even know and I really have no clue as to what even happens at these conventions. I think I'll be voting on some stuff. That's pretty much clear. I also think there will be some alcoholic beverages consumed at some point.

I'll try to update this blog somehow while I'm up there, but if that isn't possible, wait for photos and videos the week after the convention.

I'm a little nervous, which is a bit unlike me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home