Robb Zipp at Large

My name is Robb Zipp and I want to change your life for the better. I'm a 28 year old guy from Houston, Texas who is on the Executive Steering Committee of Democracy for Houston and I am an active member of the Harris County Young Democrats. This blog is a journal of my adventures in politics and what I think you can do to help make a difference.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

PRIDE Houston 2006

So Saturday was the GLBT PRIDE Festival and Parade here in Houston. Democracy for Houston had a booth and as soon as I got off of work, I went and helped get some people registered to vote and to sell some buttons.

Here's our booth and some of our buttons:

















We also mingled in the festival a bit to try to get people to register to vote.
















Here are some other sights from the festival:

Great shirt, man!


Lady on a mechanical bull


Taylor Dayne and her backup singer's backsides






Then it was time for the parade!

SAY IT OUT LOUD! DEMOCRAT AND PROUD!


City Councilwoman Sue Lovell and her assistant Travis


US Representative Shiela Jackson Lee


someone I don't know


State Representative Jessica Farrar




State Representative Garnett Coleman and his assistant Ryan




City Councilman Ronald Green


Big Rainbow Flag





And then my beautiful girlfriend Cecily and I left when we started getting pelted (literally) with these glow sticks:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home